We are looking for an Desktop Support Engineer who will be part of the Enterprise IT team delivering IT Services to the global organisation with 1700+ staff and 12 Offices around the world. This role would suit a junior to mid End User Computing Engineer who has experience of being the sole point of contact for IT at a single office for a large organisation.
You will be enthusiastic, energetic, and able to learn new skills quickly, with a pro-active demeanour. This is a fast-growing company and a great place to further develop your IT skills
Expected to cover operational hours between 09:00 and 18:00, providing on-site support for the New Jersey office, remote support for other North America locations as well as extended remote support for the European offices. You may be asked to travel to the US and Europe.
Working hours may need to overlap with European time zones at least once a week for team meetings and other ad hoc catchups.
The primary base for the company is in Europe and a majority of the End User Computing team are located at various European offices. This will be the first IT hire in North America and the candidate is expected to be able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Provide onsite and remote technical end user support.
- Record, monitor, update and respond to support requests in a timely manner, owning each call to completion, or, by reassigning it to other areas of the department, as per the process.
- Supporting IT projects and managing these to completion
- Supporting Windows 10 & Mac OS devices, connected to the corporate network.
- Build and maintain relationships with the wider IT team.
- Support of Microsoft 365 including Teams and Exchange.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of hardware inventory and managing the device lifecycle. This will include manual handling, such as taking in deliveries, unboxing, asset tagging items and recording details in the asset register.
- Support and maintenance of AV and Video Conferencing.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment and to respond calmly and rationally to changing priorities in a deadline-driven situation.
The right end user computing engineer must have knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows 10 and Mac OS X support, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Working with a helpdesk system preferably Jira Service Desk and understanding the escalation process.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products, particularly Microsoft 365, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Remote User Support and Remote access technologies
- Printer support and configuration
- Basic Network knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic ITIL knowledge
Desired but not essential:
- Basic Scripting
- Experience supporting network equipment.
- Experience supporting servers
Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Be willing to support remote sites, including occasional visits.
- Good time management.
- Strong problem solving.
- Willingness to attend occasional remote meetings in European time zones.
We are on a mission to become the world’s most entertaining online gaming company. It all started with Jackpotjoy but along the way we have grown into the award-winning team of designers, developers and operators behind some of the leading gaming sites and apps including Virgin Games and Heart Bingo. But, we haven’t stopped there... we’re also behind Bingo Lane, Jackpotjoy Slots and other great free-to-play games.
Born in 2001 with just a handful of developers, we are now over 900 employees strong across 7 group offices worldwide with our headquarters in Central London. Over 24 million players enjoy our 258 games, generating on average 6,028 chat messages every 15 minutes!
Whether it be through the awards we’ve won for innovation in Bingo and Slots, our commitment to using cutting edge technology, our talks at Google I/O and Code Mesh; or simply our passion to innovate, thrill, and surprise, Gamesys constantly pushes the boundaries to be the best in class.
Our culture is visible everywhere. Visit our reception - you’ll find sweets and a giant monkey, in the design team a giant red lamp and the latest quad core mac pros; the breakout areas a Gamesys pool table and fridges full of beer, wine and soft drinks. In the meeting rooms you might find grass instead of carpet, in the summer you’ll meet all our families together for a celebration and in the winter you can find Mexican wrestlers or circus acts roaming around. Weekly social and sports events give you the opportunity to stretch both your mind and body whether it be getting involved in a meetup or brownbag session, playing in the poker tournament or joining one of the football teams. But our culture is not just in what you can see it's in everything we do, we're hard workers and we get stuck in. We have fun, making fun and our vision is to invent, play and discover together, to craft experiences that thrill our players and rock the world.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.