Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Gamesys is recruiting an experienced Program Manager to deliver complex programmes of work in an agile environment. This role will work closely with the Group Board, project managers, product owners, technical teams, business stakeholders and third parties, and reports to the Delivery Director. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, process-driven Program Manager looking to gain significant international exposure and work with some of the greatest technical teams in the business. From the offset you will be given responsibility for some of our most important programmes to date and will be charged with bringing in process improvements and have the chance to work directly with a highly entrepreneurial and influential board of directors.
The Program Manager will ultimately be responsible for 2 key areas:
- The successful delivery of critical programmes for the business.
- Implement process improvements within the Delivery and Programme Governance areas
The role requires the effective co-ordination of multiple work streams, and communication between internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the on-time delivery of complex programmes of work. The Program Manager is expected to be able to work on multiple programmes at once, and also work with third parties in a professional services capacity. A program manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of a program and develops and maintains the programme environment to support each individual project within it.
- Clarifying requirements and articulating the vision for Programmes, “joining up the dots” to understand the implications for a Programme across multiple work streams and existing products developed and maintained within the Agile Framework
- Reporting to the Board and key stakeholders on the delivery of the overall programme
- Planning and designing the programme’s approach and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Defining the programme’s governance and supporting tools
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of the programmes
- Managing the programme’s budget (resource spend), monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from the programmes are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements collaborating with applicable Business Product Owners and other roles as required
- Ensuring that there is efficient allocation of common resources and skills within the programme portfolio and collaborating with the technical owners within the Agile framework to best allocate resources between Programmes and Products
- Similarly ensuring efficient allocation of business resources and skills in respect of the non-technical aspects of the delivery of the Programmes
- Managing third party contributions to the programme where applicable
- Facilitating the communications with all stakeholders, including the running of board meetings
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
The Program Manager must be experienced in delivering complex programmes of work, in an agile environment, involving multiple work streams (technical, legal, commercial, compliance etc). Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience are a must, and this candidate must be a confident and competent facilitator, able to build strong relationships and work well across all levels of the business.
This is a very hands-on role and requires both commercial and technical acumen, ranging on one hand from the ability to represent the company externally to partners, facilitating external third parties and stakeholders to on the other hand being able to participate in and drive forward the development process using Agile/Scrum processes.
Gamesys has signed up to the principles of Agile Development, and is looking to complement established processes within the business with an agile, “light touch” approach to Portfolio and Programme Management. Being a hands-on entrepreneurial company we are also looking for hands on Process and Programme Support experience in this role.
Skills and Attributes
- The ideal candidate is one who has a track record of delivering fully operational e-commerce web services, and more ideally, gaming services (though prior sector experience is an advantage rather than a requirement)
- Ideally you will have experience within international programmes, managing teams dispersed globally and come from a large organisation, PLC and be familiar with the governance requirements needed when operating programmes in larger organisations
- Ideally your portfolio of experience will expand beyond gaming, maybe covering Finance, Legal, Privacy, Regulatory or Compliance areas
- You may have programme managed new business setups or expansion to new territories
- The successful candidate will combine a passion for Online Gaming with an understanding of what is needed to make it successful commercially
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed to create a vision that gains approval from the executive and understanding from the teams that will have to make the vision a reality.
- Your experience will allow you to tailor your approach to remain light weight and agile, applying the right governance to ensure success without being overly bureaucratic
- Strong PM governance tools and process experience
- Experience working in Regulated markets is a benefit
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.