Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Gamesys is looking for a Database Administrator with a DevOps Centric mindset for automation. The successful candidate must have a passion for administering database systems and automating deployment processes.
The Data Operations team manage on-premise and cloud-based operational databases, as well as real-time streaming services, and are responsible for the security and business continuity of these databases running at Gamesys.
- The role will work closely with other members of the Data Operations team (including database administrators and dataops engineers) as well as with Production Engineering and Enterprise Infrastructure teams to deliver the shared services and bring stability, performance, availability, and security to the database services.
- Administers Change Data Capture (CDC) and other data replication systems, to provide data transfer to data lakes and data warehouses.
- Maintains databases to optimum size and operation using archival and database optimisation techniques.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and enthusiastically identifies and drives identification of opportunities to be demonstrated in the Database arena.
- Self-motivated, driven and takes ownership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- "Get it done" attitude
- Quick learner and a good team player.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience in database systems like IBM DB2, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience in PLSQL or a scripting language that can be used for generating processes to handle data archiving and removing.
- Proficient in optimising SQL queries to support high operational workloads.
- Strong Linux user with knowledge of cloud and modern data concepts with practical experience.
- Good understanding of security principles, with respect to data management
- Knowledge in maintaining code via Source Control version tools such as GIT.
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP in implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud as required.
- Willing to learn management of production environments with infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Ability to automate installations of database software using automation.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into processes.
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.