AS OUR SENIOR DATA ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Create and manage data pipelines from different sources
- Leverage Big Data technologies to enhance our home-grown Data Platform
- Ensure a high degree of data quality, scalability, and availability
- Work on PoC's for selected technologies that are yet to be adopted
- Work closely with Data Scientists to deploy machine learning models
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or any related course
- Has at least six (6) years experience in software engineering; experience in iGaming is an advantage but not required
- Has a solid background on the use of RDBMS, Columnar, and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Redshift, DynamoDB and BigQuery
- Has strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience
- Is knowledgeable in Scala, Python, or Java
- Is familiar with orchestration tools such as Talend and Airflow
- Has Cloud computing experience on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Has stream data processing experience with technologies like Kinesis Streams, Pulsar, Kafka or Flink
- Has experience with ELK Stack or similar technologies such as Apache Solr
- Is familiar with source control systems (such as GIT)
- Is not afraid to put forward ideas geared towards improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner
- Has used JIRA or other issue-tracking tools
- Is excellent in both oral and written English communication
- Is curious, responsible and committed
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Our team is composed of humble and curious individuals with the ambition and will to learn.
- We are always open to new and exciting ideas.
- We have a fun and fast-paced, but "get-it-done" work environment that requires motivation, self-learning, and a good sense of humor.
- Hats, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies are normal attire. If you prefer formal attire, you can do that too.
- We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity and innovation.
- We challenge and support ourselves and each other every day.
- We like to celebrate and do fun things together - during breaks or after work hours.
- The position is full time. As long as you're putting in the hours, your work schedule is flexible.
- We offer a cool & fun work environment for our employees.
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.