Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning ventures – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Gamesys plans to expand into new markets across North America. We are building a new technology team in Toronto to accelerate the development of Gamesys’s internal Excite gaming platform, which will drive our growth across the USA and Canada.
We’re looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, architects and machine learning engineers in an agile environment. You will be working in a team delivering batch and streaming data pipelines and services on our Cloud Data Platform (GCP).
You will work with data scrum team members, data architects, product owners and business analysts delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting problems. You will get to work with large data sets and learn to apply the latest big data technologies on a range of cloud and on-premise platforms. An interest or experience in the gaming industry is desirable.
- Coding resilient, scalable and elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable.
- Peer reviewing other team member’s code.
- Cooperating with architects and other data engineers to develop technical designs and to propose solutions to key stakeholder requirements.
- Attending stand-ups with key stakeholders, communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Producing clear and concise documentation where required.
- Attending training as required related to Google Cloud Platform, ETL and data pipelines generally.
- Showing an interest in the Gaming industry and in playing our games to understand the impact of data on the player experience.
- Some 2nd line on-call support.
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience.
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience.
- Knowledge of TDD and CI/CD
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles.
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role.
- Good communication skills, and an ability to explain work well to other team members.
- A keenness to understand how the technical task at hand translates into business value.
- Someone who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner
- One or more of the following languages Java, Python.
- Public cloud experience, Google highly desirable.
- Experience of data reporting or Business Intelligence solutions like Tableau, Data Studio or Cognos.
- Experience or demonstrable interest in analytics and/or machine learning.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, and REST APIs.
- Experience building Data lakes.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.