Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning portfolio – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player to help drive the rapid, ongoing growth of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Legal Counsel will be reporting into the Head of IP & Disputes and working in a legal team of 16 lawyers and 4 paralegals. This is a new role so the list of responsibilities below is indicative, and the expectation is that the scope of the role will evolve over time.
- Advising the business on a range of disputes including consumer, corporate/commercial, and employment
- Responding on customer complaints that are escalated to the legal team
- Day-to-day management of litigation and/or support to Head of Disputes depending on value and complexity of the claim
- Drafting/reviewing general correspondence, court submissions, settlement agreements and instructing counsel
- Co-ordinating Gamesys’ continuing participation as claimant in a class action
- UK-focused role but will include some international dispute work
- Delivering training to relevant business stakeholders on disputes and managing risk
- Supervising paralegals on routine tasks such as research and drafting
- Ability to pick up non-contentious general legal work dependant on business needs
- 3 year + PQE UK qualified solicitor with experience in a litigation-focused role (either in-house or private practice)
- Experience in a regulated industry desirable but not essential
- Interest/experience in cross-border work
- Willingness to learn about an evolving regulatory landscape
- Adaptability is key particularly since this is a new role
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively and positively with others
- Problem-solving attitude and strong organisational skills
The role will be based in our Piccadilly office in London and involve liaising with teams and stakeholders across a number of our other offices
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our subsidised gym membership, office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.