Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning portfolio – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Reporting into the Content Team Lead for Japan, we’re looking for an SEO Content Writer to join our Content Team and assist us in executing our Content and SEO Strategy within the Marketing and Commercial Division. The ideal candidate would be someone who is proficient in the content writing area as well as someone who has a fairly in-depth knowledge of SEO and is able to understand and support our strategic goals.
Join us and you’ll be joining a large, fast paced, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. This is us, and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.
- Assist the Content Team Lead, Head of Content and Head of SEO in the delivery and execution of the Content and SEO strategies through the production and maintenance of Japanese SEO copy relevant to the various brand or business’ needs and direction.
- Work to briefs and deadlines in providing relevant SEO optimised content in Japanese for our player facing sites and any other areas deemed relevant to the execution of the strategies.
- Reproduce and optimise existing texts to meet specific briefs or requirements.
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop original content, blogs, game walk throughs and reviews.
- Conduct competitor bench-mark studies, specific to SEO and Content areas to identify any areas for improvement within our own operations.
- Take existing or brand agnostic texts and conduct relevant translation, localisation or tone of voice application to SEO copy for any of our relevant brands.
- Assist the Content Management arm of the department in the light coding, placement and optimisation of SEO and Promotional Content to our player facing sites and any other areas required.
- Be involved with all other operations of the Content Team, to be able to assist with promotional or campaign related content if need be.
- Proofreading, amending and editing your own work as well as those of your teammates, before publication.
- Conduct relevant and applicable keyword research.
- Ensure that any copy required is inline with various brand guidelines as well as SEO guidelines.
- Identify gaps in our Content and / or SEO Strategy and provide recommendations into new topics or areas to enhance growth or stability within our Japanese market.
Candidate Requirements and Desirables:
- Candidates must possess a native level of Japanese writing ability as well as fluency in English.
- You’re a creative writer who understands the importance of localisation in ensuring that their writing has that native, home grown feel.
- A minimum of three years work experience as a Japanese Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role is desirable.
- Ability to provide a portfolio of published articles or previous projects which are relevant to this role.
- Understands the importance of following work processes and can contribute to assessment of team efficiency, output and quality that the work processes is designed to ensure.
- Possession of an intermediate level of SEO knowledge.
- Experience in conducting research using multiple sources and be able to discuss this during the interview phase of the recruitment process.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
- Be a team player! We’re a close-knit team and we care about our co-workers. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of a strong team dynamic and wishes to contribute to it.
- Experience with Office365 is essential.
- Knowledge or exposure to the igaming industry in Casino or Sportsbook would be beneficial.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance-based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work from Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.