Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning portfolio – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We are looking for a finance professional with attention to detail, who can take care of the accounting for VAT and gaming taxes. The main purpose of the job is to make sure that VAT is accounted for correctly and that VAT and gaming tax returns are prepared accurately and in time.
- Support the Head of Statutory & Regulatory Reporting by making sure that indirect tax returns are prepared accurately and filed / paid in time;
- Prepare VAT returns for group entities in various jurisdictions.
- Take care of the filing and payment of the VAT returns once approved by the Tax Controller;
- Reconcile VAT accounts and post VAT journals;
- Keep track of VAT receivable positions and match incoming VAT refunds;
- Check if invoices are recorded correctly for VAT purposes. Post corrections where necessary;
- Provide feedback to the Accounts Payable team where appropriate;
- Make sure all posted invoices comply with VAT requirements.
- Where invoices are not compliant with all requirements, liaise with Accounts Payable to arrange corrective invoices;
- Flag irrecoverable VAT and make sure it is not reclaimed;
- Identify errors and risks and discuss with the Tax Controller where appropriate;
- Prepare UK and Gibraltar gaming duty returns based on the gaming revenue reports prepared by the data team. Discuss the gaming tax treatment of new products with the Tax Controller
- Do appropriate cross-checks to make sure that the right amount of gaming revenue is reported;
- Take care of the filing and payment of the gaming duties once approved by the Tax Controller;
Skills & qualifications
- Candidate should be supported by a relevant degree in economics, accounting or tax;
- Experience with indirect tax, understanding of VAT accounting and invoicing requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Dynamics/Navision is a plus
- Experience with Isle of Man, Malta and UK VAT regulations is a plus
- Experience in the online gaming industry is a plus
- Will be an enthusiastic team player with ability to work flexibly in an ever-changing work environment.
- Good written and verbal English language skills essential.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.