Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning portfolio – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player to help drive the rapid, ongoing growth of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The IP Counsel will be reporting into the Head of IP & Disputes and working alongside another IP Counsel. The IP Team sits within a legal team of 15 lawyers and 3 paralegals.
- Advising the business on all aspects of IP such as brand and copyright clearance, brand protection and enforcement, IP aspects of new ventures, marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Assisting with portfolio management and registered IP prosecution for trade marks and patents.
- Managing the Group’s domain name portfolio including domain name acquisition and recovery.
- Assisting or leading on all trade mark and design clearance work.
- M&A support including acquired company IP integration.
- Handling IP infringement issues, including online takedowns; drafting and sending cease-and-desist letters; and preparing settlement agreements.
- Drafting IP assignments and licences.
- Working with our external IP advisers.
- Supervising paralegals on routine IP tasks such as brand monitoring and basic IP contracts.
- Assisting with IP training across the business.
- 2 year + PQE as a UK-qualified IP lawyer.
- Solid foundation in IP law, particularly brand protection and copyright.
- Domain name experience desirable but not essential
- Media, software/e-commerce and/or gaming-oriented legal experience is an advantage.
- Interest in cross-border IP work
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and positively with others.
- Problem-solving attitude and strong organisational skills.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our subsidised gym membership, office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.