Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and over 1300 employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Reporting to the Group Head of Operational Compliance. The Head of Spain Compliance is responsible for all aspects of compliance in SPAIN.
- Acts as a key point of contact for Regulatory bodies on all Compliance matters.
- Manage the Compliance Monitoring Programme (“CMP”) designed to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, policy and procedure requirements and best practice.
- Develop, implement and ensure execution of policies and processes.
- Provide timely and practical Compliance advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Track best practices, trends and changes to regulatory requirements and advise and make recommendation to the business on changes necessary and drive implementation of such changes.
- Interpret and disseminate information about guidance issued by regulatory and industry bodies.
- Ensure that sub-contracted, outsourced, subsidiaries and partners working for Gamesys Group are maintaining the highest standards for all compliance related activities and if not, ensure that immediate corrective action is put in place.
Scope of the role:
- Manages a team of compliance professionals.
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills.
- Sets objectives for members of the Compliance team that ensure adherence to regulatory objectives and ensure that the company’s objectives are achieved.
- Provides input to employee's performance evaluations.
- Assists in the identification of internal and external training opportunities.
- Coaches and mentors members of the Compliance team.
Definition of success:
- Compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements.
- A structured approach to compliance where situations are managed and occasionally reacted to due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Build the compliance team required to achieve the agreed objectives by recruiting, training and mentoring the required employees.
- Improved relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Improved communications and great spirit and morale within the compliance team.
- Manages special projects/programmes requiring Compliance stakeholder input.
- Develops an understanding of significant risks across the business and escalate these to the appropriate governance committees or executive leadership.
- Key leader on compliance-related training and communication of Compliance initiatives and changes.
- Drives initiatives by obtaining cooperation of others through education, conducting presentations, communication and influencing others, including upper management as needed.
- Maintains relationships with other business functions and collaborate on maintaining best practices for Compliance.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Previous working experience in compliance, preferably within the industry.
- Previous working experience managing a team.
- Possess related academic qualifications.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Quick learner and ability to take on board added responsibility.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
What can we offer?
- Performance bonus
- Private Healthcare and life insurance
- Up to 50% Gym allowance
- Relocation package
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.