Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and over 1300 employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart, Botemania and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Summary & Job purpose
Reporting to the Group Head of Compliance. The MLRO is responsible for ensuring compliance to all Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) legislation, regulations, rules and guidance. Role is based in Ceuta but we can offer relocation support to those candidates not currently based in this location.
- Foster and champion AML/CTF awareness and compliance across the group.
- Working closely the AML Operations Team to develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures of the company and its related activities to ensure they are compliant with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Advise the executive team and other business units on AML/CTF issues.
- Produce reports for key stakeholders setting out key developments within the subject matter (both externally and within the business) and the operation and effectiveness of the company’s AML/Fraud systems and controls.
- Responsible for the Suspicious Activity Reporting processes and reporting to the SEPBLAC
- Will act as a key point of contact with regulators, law enforcement and other authorities to assist in investigations and DPA requests.
- Observe and plan for new legislation in relation to development of AML/CTF policies, systems, practices and procedures and oversight to ensure effective implementation.
- Work with the Learning & Development team develop to AML/CFT training for the company.
- Deliver AML/CTF training where required.
- Develop and maintain regular monitoring procedures and practices to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems and measures implemented.
- Preparing the business for and managing regulatory visits.
- Be the subject matter expert on Financial Crime, Anti Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism and maintaining such expertise through continual professional development.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors, various group committees, the Compliance and Social Responsibility teams and other stakeholders within the company.
- Regular reporting to the Board on AML/CTF compliance.
- Responsible for conducting AML/CTF risk assessments.
- Responsible for the yearly External Expert Report.
- Preparing the Annual MLRO report as well as the Internal Control Unit report
- Ensuring company compliance with all data retention periods for retained AML/CTF data.
Scope of the role
Overall responsibility for the day to day supervision and oversight of compliance with the relevant AML legislation, regulations, rules and guidance.
Definition of success
- Compliance with AML/CTF requirements.
- Further embedding of a Financial Crime prevention mindset to prevent gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder, or being used to support crime.
- Build strong relationships with the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong in reviewing, interpreting, communicating and applying AML/CTF legislation, regulations, rules and guidance.
- Manages special projects/programmes requiring AML/CTF stakeholder input.
- Develops an understanding of AML/CTF risks across the business and escalate these to the appropriate governance committees or executive leadership.
- Key leader on AML/CTF-related training and communication of AML/CTF initiatives and changes.
- Drives initiatives by obtaining cooperation of others through education, conducting presentations, communication and influencing others, including upper management as needed.
- Maintains relationships with other business functions and collaborate on maintaining best practices for AML/CTF.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Previous working experience working as an MLRO, preferably with a company holding a DGOJ licence.
- Possess related academic qualifications.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Able to communicate (read and write) in Spanish and in English
What can we offer?
- Performance bonus
- Private Healthcare and life insurance
- Up to 50% Gym allowance
- Relocation package
Working at Gamesys
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.